What is a Casino Bonus?
A casino bonus is basically an incentive many NZ online casinos give to either new or existing players. As a newly registered player, you can opt-in for one when you create an account.
Consequently, most NZ online casinos will offer bonuses through your email address or live chat if you are an existing gambler.
What is the Best Casino Bonus in NZ?
So what is the best casino bonus out there? That’s debatable. There are a few different types. They can all be lucrative.
A good free spins bonus not only gives you a chance to win, but let’s you take some popular slot machines for a ride, free of charge.
A deposit bonus, probably the most common, will help you kick off your journey with a big, fat stack of chips (or the virtual equivalent).
There are more obscure casino bonuses, too. They can all offer something worthwhile. It really depends on what you’re looking for and what your play style is.
All Available NZ Online Casino Bonuses
The primary purpose of casino bonuses is to convince a gambler to either register on a new website or keep betting on the same site.
As such, online casinos are highly competitive in this sector. They keep offering new promotional offers to at least keep the loyalty of existing players running.
The following are the common online casino bonuses in New Zealand:
- Welcome Bonus – This is a popular bonus offered to new members only. It is also commonly called the sign-up bonus. Normally, you'll need to make a set minimum deposit.
- Match Bonus – A match bonus is an offer based on the amount you deposit into your casino account. Therefore, the bonus amount you get is matched up to the percentage of your deposit amount. Simply put, if you deposit more money, you'll get more bonus funds.
- No Deposit Bonus – As the name suggests, the no deposit bonus requires no deposits. No deposit bonuses often come with various restrictions, including very high wagering requirements.
- Live Casino Bonuses – To qualify for the live casino bonus offer, you must have registered in the live dealer section at the casino.
- Reload Bonus – Sometimes called a monthly bonus at NZ online casinos, a reload bonus is awarded for consequent deposits after the first deposit.
- Free Spins – Players sometimes call them bonus spins, cash spins, wager-free spins, welcome spins, and more. Usually, casinos give out these free spins as supplements to another bonus offer like the welcome package.
- Bonus Codes – Also called a promo or coupon code, is a marketing discount you get from an online casino. These codes are bonus-specific and serve both newbies and pros in the online gambling industry.
- Loyalty / VIP Bonuses – Loyalty bonuses are awards given to players who have remained loyal by playing on a specific casino site for quite a long time. Being a VIP player secures you multiple perks, including exclusive bonus offers, extended withdrawal limits and personalized support.
How to Find a Site with the Best NZ Casino Bonus Offers
After understanding what each casino bonus entails, it's time to find the best site to find such offers. New Zealand has a lot of online casinos to choose from. Additionally, they'll all promise the highest level of service and the most incredible bonus and promotional offers.
Therefore, it can be tricky to find one that suits you best. However, you can easily select one NZ online casino by considering the following factors:
- License and Regulations – Any casino website you choose should have a license from a well-known regulatory body like MGA, Curacao or Kahnawake. In most NZ online casinos, the license information is displayed on their website, usually at the bottom of the homepage.
- Safety and Security – All safe NZ online casinos integrate their systems with SSL technology that encrypts all personal and transactional data. This keeps all the details private, thereby reducing the possibilities of data theft.
- Trustworthy and Reputation – Check other customers reviews on the internet and make an informed decision from there.
- Variety of Games – Ensure that the casino you choose has a variety of games and also your favourite casino games.
- User Experience (App) – You need a casino with a responsive website that has no lagging effect and where you can access games and enjoy a smooth gameplay.
- Loyalty Program (VIP-program) – The loyalty program, as mentioned earlier, is simply a rewards program for loyal customers. Here, you can enjoy some benefits unavailable to other regular players.
- Banking Methods – Check the available payment options, transactional charges, and also average deposit and withdrawal times.
Highest NZ Bonuses at Online Casinos
There are definitely online casinos that pay more in their welcome bonuses. Assuming the wagering requirements aren’t insanely high, you always want to go for the most bang for your buck.
If one casino will match your deposit up to NZ$500, while another will match it up to NZ$1,000, there’s no reason to go for the NZ$500. If the wagering requirements are the same, go for the higher number.
Fortunately, this information is readily available. This is how the casino gets your business, so they advertise up front and center with what they offer. Always read the fine print, but there’s no real digging you have to do.
Benefits of Low and No Wagering Casino Bonuses
A bonus wagering requirement affects your chances of cashing out winnings stemming from the bonus funds. These requirements ensure that you have made a certain amount of stakes before the funds become essentially yours. As such, it is relatively hard to withdraw winnings from a bonus with high playthrough requirements.
For the low or no wagering casino bonuses, you can easily meet the set conditions and cash out your winnings. If you are a low-roller, low or no wagering online casino bonuses are the best to grab in NZ. This is because you'll have a better chance to convert the bonus amounts into real money that you can cash out any time.