What is a Casino Match Bonus?
A casino match bonus is one of the most common types of welcome bonuses in NZ. Free spins are common, too, and you can tell what those are just from the name. A match bonus, on the other hand, is when a casino matches a percentage of your deposit.
They’ll usually match your deposit 100%, meaning that if you deposit NZ$50, they’ll give you NZ$50 in house money. At some casinos you’ll find a casino bonus up to 500%. Those are rare, so don’t get too excited. You’re likely to run into a smaller bonus, but they can still help pad your bankroll.
List of Best Match Bonus Casino in NZ 2022:
- Jackpot City Casino: 100% up to NZ$1600 + 80 Free Spins for only NZ$1
- Spin Casino: 100% Bonus up to NZ$1000 + 50 Extra Spins for only NZ$1
- Royal Vegas Casino: 100% Match up to NZ$1200 + 100 Chances for just NZ$1
- Ruby Fortune Casino: 100% up to NZ$750 + 88 Extra Chances for NZ$1
- Casino Kingdom: NZ$200 Bonus + 1 No Dep. Spin + 40 Free Chances for NZ$1
- Casino Classic: NZ$200 Bonus + 1 No Dep. Spin + 40 Free Spins for NZ$1
- Zodiac Casino: Up to NZ$480 + 80 Chances for only NZ$1
- Yukon Gold Casino: 100% up to NZ$150 + 150 Chances for NZ$10
- Playerz Casino: Up to NZ$1500 + 50 Free Spins for just NZ$10
- Grand Mondial: 100% up to NZ$250 + 150 Free Spins for NZ$10
What to Look For
If you want the best match up bonus online casino in New Zealand, look for one that gives match bonuses on multiple deposits. Some casinos only match your first deposit, but others will match a handful of subsequent deposits, too. The percentage that they match won’t always be 100%, and sometimes drop as low as 25%, but the money still adds up in the long run.
Besides, it’s still better than a casino that only matches one deposit. In the online casino game, you want to take everything you can get. You don’t always need a 200%, 300% or 500% bonus. Every little bit helps.
200%, 300% or 500% Bonus at NZ sites
If you don’t know about wagering requirements, make sure you’re aware of them going into a 200%, 300% or 500% bonus. When you get house money, you can’t just cash it out. That would be pretty silly. No, you need to meet the wagering requirements before you can actually walk away with any money.
The wagering requirements are, in other words, how many times you have to bet the bonus amount. So if you get NZ$100 in house money and the wagering requirements are 25x, you need to bet through NZ$2500 before you can cash out. It’s steep, but it’s doable.
How to Find the Best Match Bonus Casinos in NZ
- License and regulations – Of course, licenses are only given to genuine operators. So, look for casinos in NZ with valid licenses, for instance, the Malta Gaming Authority.
- Safety and security – Because scamming is real, ensure you play at a safe casino that protects your data. That’s the only way you’ll be sure of getting and using your match bonus.
- Trustworthy and reputation – The last thing you need is a casino that’s not truthful. If they say they’ll give you the bonus, that should be the case and not just stories.
- Number and variety of games – In most cases, the best casinos with awesome match bonuses also have a fully stocked library.
- User experience (app) – If the casino has an app, test it to see how smooth the interface it. That way, you won’t have hindrances while playing.
- Bonuses and promotions – Bonuses are the icing on the cake. The more generous the casino is, the better.
- Loyalty program (VIP-program) – Always check the casino’s reward program. At least you’ll be sure of rewards every now and then.
- Deposit and withdrawal options – How you transact at an online casino in NZ is very important. Look for casinos with diverse safe, options.
- Customer Service – In case of a problem, you’ll need help. The best casinos put in place reliable options.
- Get a head start learning the game – Experience is the best teacher. Even if green at a casino, a match bonus will help you know your way around the casino.
- Extra money to play with – Your working account will have more money, opening the door for more gaming, probably, more wins too.
- Try out new games – A match bonus allows you to experiment with new games and get an insight on what they are about.
- Lower chance of losing money – Considering the bonus is like a reward, you have nothing to lose.
- Wagering Requirements – It’s unlikely that you’ll find a NZ bonus without any wagering requirements. If it’s too steep, chances are high you’ll have to wager huge amounts.
- Cashout limits – Since casinos regulate plays, you can only withdraw as per the given limits.
- Time limit – Most of these casino match bonuses have expiry dates. Let's just say the sooner you make use of it the better.
Match Bonus Casino NZ Summary
As mentioned, a match bonus is a plus, definitely something you’ll want to check out. Take advantage of the NZD online casinos with this offer for a chance to increase your winnings.
As long as the casino is legit, you won’t regret it. Feel free to make your deposit, get a match bonus, and play. Remember to read and follow the terms attached to the bonus. Good luck!
Lars Wahlström is a recognized leader in the iGaming industry, with over 20 years of experience from both the tech side and an operator. He's now CEO and Publisher at ARGO Gaming Group, the company behind NZcasinoo.com
Games and gambling has been an interest of Lars' since early years and besides slots and casino, he's also into poker, sports betting and trotting.
All this experience is drawn upon when he writes, and we dare say he's one of the best casino writers out there. Lars' base is the ARGO HQ and Stockholm office, but he travels a lot and often participates in industry trade shows and panels. To get in contact with Lars, use our contact page or message him directly on LinkedIn or Twitter.