What is Live Roulette?
An online casino with real money live roulette allows you to play roulette while watching a live dealer through a webcam. These are actual flesh-and-blood people. They’re fully qualified to run a roulette game in a land-based casino.
They simply run their game via webcam for the online audience. They’ll talk to you, accept your bets, and spin the wheel. A lot of people trust this more than virtual roulette, because they get to watch the dealer actually drop the ball on the wheel.
The vast majority of live casinos are completely legit operations, and it’s easy to understand why seeing a real person would make you feel more secure.
List of Best Live Roulette Sites in NZ 2023:
- Jackpot City Casino: 100% up to NZ$1600 + 80 Free Spins for only NZ$1.
- Spin Casino: 100% up to NZ$1000 + 50 Extra Spins for only NZ$1.
- Royal Vegas Casino: 100% up to NZ$1200 + 100 Chances for just NZ$1.
- Ruby Fortune Casino: 100% up to NZ$750 + 88 Extra Chances for NZ$1.
- Casino Kingdom: NZ$200 Bonus + 1 No Dep. Spin + 40 Free Chances for NZ$1.
- Casino Classic: NZ$200 Bonus + 1 No Dep. Spin + 40 Free Spins for NZ$1.
- Zodiac Casino: Up to NZ$480 + 80 Chances for only NZ$1.
- Yukon Gold Casino: 100% up to NZ$150 + 150 Chances for NZ$10.
- Playerz Casino: Up to NZ$1500 + 50 Free Spins for just NZ$10.
- Grand Mondial: 100% up to NZ$250 + 150 Free Spins for NZ$10.
How to Play Live Roulette
People with a casual knowledge of the game – maybe they’ve seen it in a movie – know the basic premise of choosing a number. If the wheel stops and the ball is on your number, you win.
The traditional payout for that is 35 to 1. However, when playing live roulette, players can bet on rows, “streets,” colors, corners, and more.
There’s a wide selection of bets to choose from. And yes, even though the dominant colors are red and black, you can bet on the green zero.
New Zealand live roulette casinos that we recommend provide you with a variety of roulette variations. Once you join our casinos, you will enjoy playing top-rated live roulette variants such as:
- American Roulette — This is one of the most popular roulette variations that come with an additional double zero pocket. Well, the additional double zero increases the house margin, but the game suppliers compensate for that by offering low betting limits to players.
- European Roulette — European roulette is also similar to American roulette. The only difference is that it comes with a single zero, which means that the house edge is lower.
- French Roulette — French roulette is different from other variations in that it has a unique table layout. Besides that, the addition of the gameplay rule –en prison rule – cuts the house edge to 1.35%. Another notable difference is that all the numbers in French roulette are white.
Live Roulette Bonus
Live roulette casinos like the one we recommend provide live casino players with generous casino bonuses and promotions. When you join live casinos we have listed on this page, you will come across popular live casino bonuses such as:
- Welcome bonus — This is undeniably the most popular live casino bonus you will always come across. Precisely, it is the welcoming offer you receive in order to explore live casino games with extra money. You can expect to get the welcome bonus in the form of match bonuses, free bets, free money, etc.
- No deposit bonus — Our recommended NZ live casinos also offer you live casino no deposit bonuses. Well, these are live casino bonuses that you get without depositing anything.
- Demo spins — Our NZ live casino sites provide you with hundreds of pokies. As a result, they offer you demo spins to play selected pokies for free.
Live Roulette Software
Here, we only pick live casino sites that work with trusted and leading software developers. When you sign-up with live casinos on our list, you will enjoy top-rated live roulette games developed by leading software studios like:
- Evolution Gaming — Evolution is the leading supplier of live roulette games in the gambling industry. The software developer is behind popular roulette variants like French Roulette, American Roulette, and European Roulette.
- Microgaming — Founded in 1994, Microgaming is one of the oldest software developers in the industry. Additionally, the developer has over 700 top-ranked casino games, including live roulette.
- Playtech — Playtech is another leading software developer known for delivering the best live dealer casino games. The best live roulette variants from this studio include Speed Roulette, Quantum Roulette, French Roulette, and much more.
- NetEnt — While NetEnt focuses on developing pokies, the company also has various roulette variations in its portfolio. For example, the developer has games like VIP Roulette, Rapid Roulette, Automatic Roulette, etc.
There are numerous benefits you will enjoy while playing live roulette. Some of these benefits include:
- Play against real-life croupiers — As you know, playing against machines is boring. However, if you play roulette against real-life dealers, you won’t get bored.
- Play and win real cash — Playing live roulette is not all about having fun; you can also win real cash.
- No cost of travel — The good thing with live games is that you will play without leaving your house. To this end, you will not incur the cost of traveling to a land-based casino.
- You don’t need to be an experienced player — It's a game of chance, which means that newcomers can play the game.
Playing roulette live also has a few disadvantages. It is, therefore, good you familiarize yourself and plan how you will deal with them. They include:
- Technical issues — All live casino broadcasts are live. So, if you experience connection issues, you won’t be able to play your favorite live roulette games.
- Limited games — In some cases, you may find that players have occupied all the available live roulette tables. Therefore, you will need to wait for a vacant live table in order to play.
Live roulette is an online casino game that allows the player to play with real dealers and players from all over the world through live camera streaming. These games are normally streamed from high-end studios or exclusive land-based casinos to provide players with an authentic brick and mortar casino experience.
No, not all online casinos offer live games. However, most do. Nearly all leading casino operators will offer a good selection of live dealer roulette variations.
Unlike online roulette, live dealer roulette brings in a sense of realism in the game by mimicking the real casino experience. Also, unlike the computed generated RNGs of online roulette, live roulette features a real human dealer with whom you can interact and enjoy your game session.
Placing a bet on the live roulette table is simple: all you need to do is pick your desired amount (as long as it's higher than the minimum bets for that lobby), decide which bet you want to make, and click on it. From there, the live dealer will acknowledge your bet and place physical chips on the table.
Most online casinos offer three live dealer roulette games: European, American, and French Roulette. All three have common points, but each presents a slightly different gaming experience.
In most cases, you cannot. However, there may be some exceptions. While online casinos offer free play on standard online games, this does not usually extend to live dealer roulette. However, many casino operators offer lucrative bonuses that can be used to play at live roulette tables without spending your own money.
We’re here to help you find the best NZ online casino roulette 2023. If you’re just looking for a solid game of roulette, you can find that almost anywhere.
However, in this case, we’re talking about live roulette. With live roulette, there are a lot of other factors to consider. How good is the dealer, for example? Are they chatty and professional? And because the game requires a live dealer, the table has to be “open” just like a land-based casino.
A lot of casinos have dealers lined up around that clock, so that usually isn’t an issue.
Lars Wahlström is a renowned authority in the online casino industry, with a robust 20-year career spanning iGaming technology and operations. As the CEO and Publisher at ARGO Gaming Group, the company behind NZcasinoo.com, he delivers expert insights into the New Zealand online casino scene.
His avid interest in gaming encompasses slots, casino games, poker, sports betting, and trotting.
Lars is based at the ARGO HQ and Stockholm office. Lars is a regular at international gaming expos and panels. For a yarn or professional connection, flick us a message on our contact page or connect with Lars on LinkedIn and Twitter.